Perennial Financial Wisdom
The correct investment philosophy
- To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first. — William Shakespeare
- When valor preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.– William Shakespeare
- Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet.– French Proverb
This time it’s different
- Present fears are less than horrible imaginings.– William Shakespeare
- The more things change, the more they stay the same.– French Proverb (attributed to Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr, a 19th century author)
The Impact of Trends, Cycles and Market Timing
- There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.– William Shakespeare
Handling Financial Setbacks
- Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say it is the wisest course. — William Shakespeare
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.– Confucius
- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.– Albert Einstein.
- Many of the things you can count, don’t count. Many of the things you can’t count, really count.
- As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.– Albert Einstein.
- Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.– Albert Einstein.
Derivatives, CMO’s, CDO’s and complex econometric modelling
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction..– Albert Einstein
The Issue of Patent Protection
- The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.– Albert Einstein
On Choosing a Financial Advisor
- Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.– Albert Einstein
- A fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart.– Confucius
- I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive.– Albert Einstein
- Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.– Albert Einstein
- Only a life lived for others is a life worth while.– Albert Einstein
2016 Great Investment Strategies.